Spotlight Vermont: Department of Finance and Management - SPOTLIGHT is the State of Vermont’s new financial transparency website sponsored by the Agency of Administration and maintained by the Department of Finance and Management.
Internal Control Standards - A Guide for Managers - This publication is intended to explain how internal control plays an important part in the daily activities of every department in Vermont state government.
Many local governments apply for federal grants directly or through various state agencies. The following web sites provide information on applying for grants and various federal requirements pertaining to their administration.
- This web site allows organizations to electronically find and apply for more than $400 billion in Federal grants. It is the single access point for over 1,000 grant programs offered by all Federal grant-making agencies.
- This web site provides access to a database of all Federal programs available to
- State and local governments (including the District of Columbia)
- federally-recognized Indian tribal governments
- Territories (and possessions) of the United States
- domestic public, quasi-public, and private profit and nonprofit organizations and institutions
- specialized groups
- The primary purpose of the Catalog is to assist users in identifying programs that meet specific objectives of the potential applicant, and to obtain general information on Federal assistance programs.
- The OMB web site contains a variety of requirements related to the administration of federal grants by state and local government. For example:
- Please also be aware that OMB often issues guidance and directions through memoranda and bulletins, which are also contained on this web site.