Senior Performance Analyst (Senior Auditor)
The Vermont State Auditor’s Office seeks a talented and energetic Senior Auditor committed to improving and holding government accountable. We are a small, highly professional team engaged in performance auditing, with authority to examine all aspects of state government, including health care, human services, transportation, education, and public safety.
The Senior Auditor position requires:
- An understanding of complex auditing concepts;
- An independent, objective, and systematic approach to analyzing evidence and drawing conclusions;
- Strong organizational and detailed documentation skills;
- Clear and concise communication abilities;
- The skill to manage and prioritize multiple tasks;
- The abilities to work independently and with a team; and
- A rigorous work ethic.
Preference may be given to candidates with a master’s degree and with prior experience in performance auditing. The Vermont State Auditor’s Office uses a range of data analysis tools and the software program TeamMate+ for organizing digital workpapers. Performance auditing experience with these types of software programs would be valued.
This position offers professional development opportunities, as well as generous medical, leave, and retirement benefits. Starting annual salary is negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Current salaries for this position range between $69,000 - $108,000.
If you have questions, please contact Chief Auditor Tanya Morehouse: Tanya.Morehouse@vermont.gov.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Vermont Department of Human Resources’ Careers page here: https://careers.vermont.gov/job/Montpelier-Senior-Auditor-VT-05601/617548700/