Health Care Advocate Project
Contact the Office of the Health Care Advocate at 1-800-917-7787.
For information about health care topics, including Vermont's rate review process and other policy information, visit the Vermont Law Help Website Health Page.
The Office of the Health Care Advocate (HCA) provides help to Vermonters that have problems and questions about health care and health insurance through a telephone hotline service. The HCA represents the interests of all Vermont consumers of health care in the Legislature and before state agencies.
Additional Materials at the Health Care Advocate Website
- Any Vermont resident with a problem concerning health care, or health insurance is eligible.
- There are no income eligibility guidelines.
- Service is provided across the state from our Burlington office
Areas the Health Care Advocate Can Help With
We offer advice, information, referrals or direct assistance with:
- Access to care
- Health care reform
- Vermont Health Connect
- Eligibility for state programs
- Green Mountain Care (Dr. Dynasaur, Medicaid)
- Prescription drug coverage
- Commercial insurance
- Billing issues
- Claim denials
Vermont Law Help
HCO Name Change
The Office of the Health Care Advocate (HCA) was the Office of the Health Care Ombudsman (HCO) before a new law changed the name on January 1, 2014.